Dr. Jason Dashow completed his cleft & craniofacial surgical fellowship at LSU Hospital, in Shreveport, Louisiana in 2017, receiving subspecialized training in correction of pediatric facial anomalies. He graduated the dual-degree, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/MD program at the University of Michigan 2015. In addition to this training, Dr. Dashow completed a general surgery internship at the University of Michigan in 2014. Prior to his surgical training, he completed anesthesia training at the University of Michigan in 2011 and received a dental degree from the University of Washington in 2009.
Although pediatric craniofacial surgery is a highlight of Dr. Dashow’s practice, additional clinical interests include corrective jaw surgery, minimally invasive TMJ treatment, facial trauma and pathology reconstruction, and general dentoalveolar/implant surgery.
Dr. Dashow has numerous peer-reviewed publications pertaining to facial pathology and pediatric craniofacial anomalies. Of note, his manuscript titled, “Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor Recurrence Rates With Enucleation and Curettage Using Carnoy’s Versus Modified Carnoy’s Solution” was a featured article in the American Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in November 2015. His chapter in the acclaimed Peter Ward Booth textbook entitled, “Surgical Management of Craniosynostosis” was published in Fall 2016. Dr. Dashow is an active member and regular forum speaker at the annual American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association meeting.
Dr. Dashow is a team player. His team captain and wife Christy is pediatric dentist, covering two posts in town: Anchorage Pediatric Dentistry and Alaska Native Medical Center. Dr. Dashow has been blessed to bring his team-based approach to Join Dr. Eric Nordstrom and Alaska Center For Oral + Facial Surgery in providing exemplary patient care for the Anchorage and greater Alaska community.
When he is not operating, Dr, Dashow enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children, running ultramarathons, playing bass guitar, hunting, and snowboarding.
- Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery (Repair of Congenital Defects of the Skull and Face)
- Cleft Lip and Palate Care
- Orthognathic Surgery (Corrective Jaw Surgery)
- TMJ Surgery (Including Minimally Invasive Arthroscopic Surgery)
- Trauma and Facial Reconstruction
- Dentoalveolar Surgery (Wisdom Tooth Extractions)
- Dental Implant Surgery
- Dental License—Alaska
- Medical License—Alaska
- Dental License – Louisiana
- Medical License – Louisiana
- Medical License – Michigan
- Dental License – Washington
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Diplomate—American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Alaska Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Chalmers J. Lyons Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association
- Hospital Associations
- Alaska Native Medical Center
- Providence Alaska Medical Center
- Alaska Regional Medical Center
— Jason Dashow DDS, MD – Oral Surgeon, Anchorage, Alaska —